Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all–purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups Swerve™
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed (set 1 tsp aside)
- 2 tsp oats, crushed (set 1 tsp aside)
- *1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift all dry ingredients together, except 1 tsp of ground flaxseed and oats (set aside for topping).
- Make a well in the center of the bowl. In another small bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs and water.
- Pour into center of well and mix until dry ingredients are well-blended.
- Grease loaf pan with organic butter or spread.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle remaining ground flaxseed and oats on the top.
- Either make 1 large loaf or 2 smaller loaves.
- Bake approximately 2 hours for 1 large loaf or 1½ hours for two smaller loaves.
- Check for doneness with toothpick. When it comes out clean, the bread is ready!