Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ¼ cup blanched hazelnuts
- ⅔ cup blanched almonds
- 3⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups Swerve
- 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Toast nuts and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted butter and Swerve.
- Beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in nuts and lemon zest.
- On prepared baking sheet, form dough into a 3-inch wide log and bake 25 minutes. Let cool at least half an hour and up to overnight.
- Increase oven temperature to 375F.
- On the bias, slice into ½ inch slices and lay cut-side down back on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove and let cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios or sugar-free
- dried cranberries (optional).