Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Cake
Author: Carolyn Ketchum
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Swerve Sweetener plus 1 tbsp, divided
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 1 ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with ½ cup of the sweetener until well combined and slightly fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Add half of the almond flour mixture and beat until combined. Beat in almond milk and then remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle top with sliced rhubarb and chopped strawberries, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp sweetener. Bake 25 minutes (it will not be cooked through at this point).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, create the crumb topping by combining almond flour and sweetener in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the crumb mixture and return to the oven for another 20 to 30 minutes, until edges are golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 140mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.