Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Recipe type: Beverages
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup heavy cream (can use coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener (depending on how sweet you like it)
- ½ tsp peppermint extract (or vanilla, or orange, or any extract your little heart might fancy)
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine almond milk, cream or coconut milk, cocoa powder and confectioner’s Swerve. Bring to just a simmer, whisking frequently to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. Divide between two mugs.
- For the garnish, combine whipping cream and confectioner’s Swerve in a medium bowl. Beat until medium peaks form. Dollop over hot chocolate and sprinkle with cocoa powder.