Mixed Berry Crumble
- 2 cups fresh strawberries*
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup of Swerve, Granular
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ cup melted butter or coconut oil (1/2 stick)
- ⅛ cup Swerve, Granular
- Preheat oven to 350, and butter 8x8 baking dish or 4 individual ramekins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together berries, lemon juice, lemon zest, Swerve, and xanthan gum. Set aside to get the natural juices flowing.
- In another bowl, add pecans, almonds, Swerve, cinnamon, nutmeg, melted butter. Mix together.
- Place equal amounts of berry mixture in ramekins (make sure you get all those good natural juices from the bowl, and scrape into each dish). Top with equal amounts of crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is lightly brown. Remove crisp from oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes, in order for the filling to slightly thicken.
* If berries are already ripened and sweet, then use less Swerve when you toss them, maybe ⅛ cup.