Maple Pecan Granola
Author: Carolyn Ketchum
- 1¾ cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1¾ cups other nuts and seeds (I used almonds and sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine 1¼ cup of the pecans with the other nuts, seeds and chia seeds. Process on high until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (some larger pieces are fine). Transfer to a large bowl and stir in salt. Stir in remaining ½ cup chopped pecans.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and Swerve until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to just a boil, then remove from heat and stir in maple extract.
- Stir butter mixture into ground nut mixture. Stir in egg white until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture out on prepared baking pan in an even layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and let cool.
- Makes approximately 4 cups.