Gluten Free Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
Recipe type: Desserts & Seasonal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBS milk
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- 1¾ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Watkins Natural Food Coloring (red)
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder, and set aside
- Cream butter and Swerve until well combined, scarping the side of the mixer bowl as necessary
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
- Add dry ingredients and 1 Tbs of milk and mix until combined
- Make two balls of dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours and chill.
- Roll out on parchment paper or lightly floured counter top to about ¼ to ½ an inch thickness, and cut out with cookie cutters
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes until cookie edges are a bit golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, and keep them uncovered for about an hour or two before icing.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy
- Add Swerve, Confectioners and mix on high for 5 minutes
- Add milk and vanilla and mix for another 5 minutes
- Squirt 18-20 drops of natural food coloring in icing, and mix in with a knife or spoon until desired color is reached
- Ice cooled cookies and enjoy!
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Serving Size 1 (17g)
Servings Per Container 36
Amount Per Serving
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.