Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Recipe type: Sweets
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ¾ cup of milk or almond milk plus 1 tablespoon of milk or almond milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ⅛ cup of coconut flour
- ⅛ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract or flavoring
- 2 normal size candy canes for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 8 oz of chocolate in medium metal bowl or double boiler, and set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Add ¾ cup of milk, and Swerve, Confectioners and whisk until smooth. Set aside ¼ cup of chocolate for decorating.
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in separate bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and combined.
- Mix in Swerve. Granular until combined and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl
- Add egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix until combined
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl
- Measure 1 tablespoon of dough and place it on a cookie sheet lined parchment paper
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes when cookie cracks and large crumbs come out on toothpicks
- Let cookies cool on sheet for five minute and then remove to baking rack with parchment paper
- Once cookies cool, smash candy canes into tiny bit and not dust and set aside. Reheat chocolate on stovetop and mix in 1 tablespoon of milk. Take warm chocolate and with a spoon drizzle on cookies, and then sprinkle candy cane bits over each cookie.
If placing on top of each other when transporting or storing, I would place a piece of wax paper between each layer so they don’t stick to each other.
Serving Size 24
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 55mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.