Classic Italian Christmas Cookies
Author: Carolyn Ketchum
Recipe type: Sweets
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp anise extract (or vanilla, if you prefer)
- ¼ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or half and half)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the Swerve until well combined. Beat in the egg and anise extract.
- Then beat in the almond flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. You will get 24 to 28 balls. Press the balls down with the palm of your hand to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until just barely beginning to firm up. Remove and let cool on the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Swerve, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Dip the top of the cookies into the glaze and set back on the pan. Sprinkle as desired.
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 100mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.