Bourbon Mustard Glazed Salmon
Author: Carolyn Ketchum
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (use Lea & Perrins for gluten-free)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb salmon filet(s), with skin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine bourbon, Swerve, mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Preheat your broiler and set an oven rack in the second highest position. Sprinkle salmon all over with salt and pepper and place in glass baking dish or non-stick cookie sheet.
- Broil skin-side up for 4 to 6 minutes, then flip over and brush with glaze. Broil another 4 to 5 minutes, or until salmon is crispy and flakes easily with a fork (how long to broil will depend on the thickness of the fish). Remove and brush with more glaze as desired.
Yields 3 - 4 servings