Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe & Giveaway
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we want to share some Sweetie love with you! The Swerve Test Kitchen developed the perfect chocolate treat for such an occasion, a Swerved Chocolate Lava Cake (please see pdf below for recipe).
To ensure you enjoy making this treat as much as we do, this Valentine’s Day, we are giving away: a bar of unsweetened chocolate, 4 ramekins, a whip cream maker, and bags of Swerve. May your hearts be warmed and romanticized by the Swerved Chocolate Lave Cake. Please use the below link to enter this decadent and sweet contest, and Happy Valentine’s Day from one sweetie to another!
- Lil butter and flour for ramekins
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups Swerve Confectioners
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat
- Pastry Flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease four custard cups/ramekins with butter and flour (knock out any excess flour) and place on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter ( If you don’t have a double boiler, I use a heat proof bowl and place it on top of a pot of boiling water ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water)
- Whisk until the chocolate and butter are melted and create a glossy mixture
- Stir in the Swerve Confectioners until well blended
- Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks
- Then stir in the flour
- Divide the mixture among the custard cups/ramekins
- Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft, around 13-15 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Invert on individual plates while warm and serve with vanilla ice cream or Swerved Whipped Cream.